Meet the Flamingo!
In order to make the system fully portable, it is controlled remotely using a Bluetooth or Wifi capable device. Currently supported devices are:
- Any PC laptop
- Symbian S60 device running S60Python (a Nokia N70 will be used)
- OpenMoko free phone taking advantage of the touch screen (and soon accelerometers).
- Android 1.5 mobile phones (coming soon new Android versions)
Support the Flamingo!You can donate to the project to help us to support more hardware!
How it works?
A typical use of picoFlamingo is as follows:
- Switch on your picoFlamingo.
- Connect it to your computer. It will appear as an external removable drive
- Copy your presentation media to picoFlamingo Removable Drive in your desktop
- Switch it off and go to your presentation
- Some time later...
- Connect the picoDLP and switch the system on. A nice welcome screen will be shown.
- Activate bluetooth in your OpenMoko and launch the remote control application
- Start your presentation. Use the touch screen interface to go to next and previous slides
- Use the touch screen interface to select object manipulation. Move your OpenMoko around to modify the 3D orientation of the selected 3D object, or select a new one
- Use the touch screen interface to switch the system off
What it does!the features below are currently available on "The cracking egg".
- Portable presentation system using projector (picoDLP) or any DVI-D capable device
- Sequential slide navigation
- Automatic (slide show) slide navigation
- 3D slides. The slide components are placed in a 3D space
- 3D models can be added to the slides (3DS format)
- Live Video slide item
- On-slide item animation in 3D space
- Remote control of the system via Bluetooth (computer, OpenMoko, Android and Symbian S60)
- Advanced remote control, providing user orientation control of 3D models in the slide
- Easily extensible with new slide components
- Runs on any OpenGL ES 2.0 linux capable system:
- x86 (using MESA or proprietary GLES emulators)
- ARM (BeagleBoard, OMAP ZoomII, Blaze,...)
- Frambuffer and X11 versions
- 3D model orientation control using device accelerometers
- USB Massive Storage Interface. Plug picoFlamingo in your computer as an external hard drive and copy your presentation dragging and dropping files